Wednesday, January 18, 2012













We had another day of bike riding today.  I was a little disappointed in the "trail" we went on - I thought it was going to be miles of bike trail, but turned out to be about 1/4 mile of trail, and then streets.  It DID take us to Hollister Lake (which I misnamed Hawthorne Lake on Monday), and we again biked around it (about 4 miles).  It's a beautiful ride, and we had a wonderful surprise when we came across a "roseate spoonbill".  I was so thrilled to see that - I had only seen one this close up in zoos.We again enjoyed a picnic lunch, and ended the trip with a visit to Brusters for yummy ice cream.  Guess what kind I had?  The usual - Moose Tracks.  If that's on the menu, I don't see anything else!  It was ALMOST as good as Kawartha Dairy!  As we were parking in the carport by our unit, it started to rain - a much needed rain in this part of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment