Monday, February 10, 2014

Biking by the Highway

Another gorgeous day here - not too hot, but nice and sunny.  Perfect for biking.  Today, we biked east on 192 - nice wide paths on both sides of the highway.  Visited Camping World - just to look!  Had my first fall off the bike.  Crossing at a light - walk signal on - and a guy turned right in front of me.  Turned and braked at the same time, and down I went.  A  couple of scrapes and bruises, but not serious. 
Got to see this pair a little closer up than usual.  Called a Hooded Merganser - I think it is a type of duck, has webbed feet, and is a diving bird.   
This is the female merganser.... 
.......and this is the male - so colourful!  I can't resist taking pictures whenever I see them. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We stopped in a covered bus shelter to eat our picnic lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment