Saturday, March 22, 2014

A day at the beach.

I persuaded Paul that we should just hang out around here today - it may be the first time this winter that we didn't go anywhere, do anything.  I got to have 2 long beach walks, lunch on the balcony, an afternoon nap..... it doesn't get much better than that!

The sea was so smooth this morning - I think this fellow would wait a long time to catch a wave!  It was so smooth that we were able to see dolphins surfacing off-shore.  I caught one by accident in a picture, but it wasn't a good one.


This little girl was enjoying the beach.

And so was this BIG girl!  Walking along in the water with my "Keen" shoes - so nice!


We paid the obligatory $1.00 to walk out onto the pier.  There were lots of fishermen, but no fish.


This is the place we are staying, in a unit on the inside of the 2 towers.
I never saw pelicans fly in a "V" formation before.  They fly along, just above the water.


Under the pier.


This bird is called a "laughing gull" - it's kind of pretty as gulls go.


Ocean Annie's is a beach bar at our resort.


The wind came up this afternoon, brought out lots of kite-flyers.



A little red-haired girl, loving the water!


This is what Paul did while I walked the beach this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment