Tuesday, March 18, 2014

A Walk on the Beach

It finally quit raining in Myrtle Beach - for a while at least!  It's still cold and windy, but I decided to brave the cold and walk on the beach about 5:30 today.
 
 
 
 
 
I looked both ways on the beach, and there wasn't another person out there!  You can see how the sand was blowing. 
 
 
 
I love watching these little sanderlings running along at the edge of the water.  Their little feet go a mile a minute! 
 
 
I startled a huge group of  gulls that were sitting on the beach.
 
 
I honestly didn't "arrange" these shells on the beach - that's just the way the tide left them. 
 
 
I think this is a type of sea urchin.  Anyone know? 
I got my foot wet taking this one - a wave caught me off guard. 
 
 
 
There are SO many kinds of coral - just Google it!  This chunk must have broken off.

No comments:

Post a Comment