Saturday, July 5, 2014

Boat Trip 2014 - July 5

Well, I heard last night that there ARE deer on the island, so made up my mind I would be going deer hunting today - in earnest!  But I didn't even have to hunt.  On my way to the outhouse, there was a young one - probably last year's fawn - just on a little rise beside the path.  I started snapping pictures, and he just stood there looking at me.  On the way back, he was still there, and I snapped off some more - 45 in all!  And still he stuck around.  I finally walked away from him.






Here he was, just calmly munching leaves off a tree.



Here, we are doing something we rarely do - no, I don't mean reading and drinking coffee - I mean actually sitting in the sun to do it.  It was pretty cool here this morning.




This little fellow was singing his heart out!




Still chasing butterflies - haven't seen a bee since I've been here!




This shot was taken seconds before these disappeared - into my mouth!  :-)




This is an indication of what some of the paths on this island are like - a wee bit treacherous!



There are LOTS of robins on Cedar Island, and they too sing their hearts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment