Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Boat Trip 2014 - July 8




Well, we finally left Cedar Island, got gas and water at Clarke's Marina, settled on Beau Rivage. 
 

This was our farewell sunset at Cedar.  It was amazing!

I had my farewell chat this morning with the Mama deer.




I think I was boring her!  She yawned in my face!  I eventually walked away from her - she sure didn't seem to mind me being there.
 This house belongs to the grandson of the man who invented those little scented pine trees that you hang in your car.


We weren't disappointed - every year when we come down the Bateau Channel from Kingston to Gananoque, we see this line-up of blow-up toys.  Might be a couple of new ones this year!




This is one of our favorite spots, and for awhile we were the only ones here.

One of the Gananoque tour boats going by.



A lovely heron visiting.
This is what answered prayer looks like.  When we arrived here, we realized that we had a problem with our "house" battery.  The starting battery is fine.  We started the generator so our fridge would not thaw, and as I was praying that we would find out what's wrong and find someone to fix it, a sailboat arrived at our dock.  I said I hope you are a mechanic, and he said he knew a few things.  Turns out he's doing a PHD in Mechanical engineering!  He's also owned a boat for many years, and had to fix pretty much everything.  It seems that we probably need a new battery, which we will get tomorrow at CTC.   When I told him he just might be an answer to prayer, he assured me that his mother would say otherwise.  We have just had quite a storm here, probably not over yet - warm front meeting cold front.  Tremendous rain, but not the hail they were forecasting, and not too much wind yet.  Maybe the worst is yet to come!  Hope not.  Let you know later.

No comments:

Post a Comment