Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Beautiful (though cool) day in Myrtle Beach

We've had quite a busy day today, starting with a little retail therapy at the other outlet mall, as well as Bass Pro and West Marine.  Then we drove to Calabash, North Carolina. which is just over the SC border by a couple of miles, just north of Myrtle Beach.  We always go up there for part of a day, and one reason is to shop at Calahans of Calabash - a fairly famous store.  It is the biggest gift shop I think I have ever seen, and has several different themes, including a huge Christmas store.  I go one of my grand-daughters' Christmas ornament.  :-)   Calabash is largely a fishing/shrimping community, and this is one of the shrimp boats.  They sell shrimp and other seafood right off the docks.

The other reason we like to go there is to eat at Captain Nance's.  We've been going to the same restaurant for years - it's right by the docks.

We had tickets for the Alabama Theater tonight, so went there from Calabash.  It is located in an area with lots of shops and restaurants called Barefoot Landing, so we snooped around there until it was time for the show.  Scott I was imagining you as a little boy when we were in a John Deere store - I could just see your eyes lighting up with all the toys and stuff!  It is right on the Intra Coastal Waterway, and lots of boats tie up there.  There's usually one called the Lady Barbara, which is often in the Cobourg Harbour in the summer, but she isn't there right now.  We saw her in Fort Lauderdale when we were there.

Dapper Donald and the missus were enjoying the sunshine.


One of my favorite parts of the show was a song from Les Miserables, called either Bring Him Home or Let Him Live, I think.  It was done REALLY well by a man who played the part on Broadway for 4 years.

Another section of the show I liked was when they did a tribute to Frank Sinatra - it was really good.

And the part I liked the best was Amazing Grace, pipes and all!
It's been a long day and a good day, but now it's midnight, and I'm ready for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment