Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday in Myrtle Beach

I love being on the coast and seeing the beautiful sunrises.  And I don't even have to get up so early to see them now!  We went to the Alliance Church here in Myrtle Beach this morning.  Counting us and the pastor, there were 25 in the service.  It is so sad!  This is the 4th Alliance church we have been to this winter - all in cities - and they have all been in the same condition.  I can't wait to get back to the CAC!

After lunch at Bob Evans and a trip around a flea market, we came home and got changed and went for a walk on the boardwalk.  It starts in front of the resort we are staying at, at 14th Ave., and goes all the way to the 1st Ave. - south of us.

There are lots of resorts, hotels, restaurants, shops, and parks.  At one point, just a little bit south of us, there is something called the Sky Wheel - it's huge, and goes around very slowly.  You can see for miles.  It's similar to the one in London, England, but apparently about 1/2 the size.  We decided to have a ride on it.

We were told that we would be going around 3 times, and in fact, they left us on for 4 rounds.  This is the view to the south.  The boardwalk goes to just past the pier.

And this is the view to the north.  The boardwalk goes to this pier.

Each car is totally closed in and has it's own air conditioner.


At one point the "board" walk turned to concrete.

We walked back on the beach.

If there is such a thing as a pretty sea gull, I think this is one of them.

There was almost nothing interesting washed up on this beach.  We saw 3 jelly fish, and this sea gull was having a meal of this one.
Just a few more days and we'll be heading home.  I have mixed feelings about that.  It WILL be nice to be home - I've missed my friends and my bed, but then things get so busy again, and I kind of like the lazy life I have lived for the last 3 months.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment